Yesterday we drove 2 hours along a very bumpy road to see a very unique temple. It's shaped like a step pyramid - much like those in Mexico and even, oddly, much like the Step Pyramid in Egypt. It even had a wall complex around it like the step pyramid in Egypt. Strange. So, of course I was excited by that. There are no other temples like that one in all of Cambodia. These ruins were also interesting because they have not been restored. There are plants and trees growing in and around them and you had the feeling that you were the first person there in centuries.
Today I am heading to the market with Neang to do some shopping. Then we'll go get some massages. Fully body massage for an hour and a half costs only $3. I'm in!! :) This afternoon, Tyler's cousin Harmony (8) has a big soccer (football) match so we'll go watch that later today. Today will be our first "recovery" day. We've been running around non-stop since we got here. It'll be nice to just be domestic today.
Tyler and I have tried tons of different beers. I've liked them all so far. I've taken a picture of each can so we've documented our beverage journey. I can't post any pictures from here as the device I bought has a USB plug but the computer here only has parallel. Oh well.
Okay - time to head to the market. Enjoy your Friday night! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment