Monday, December 1, 2008
I'm alive!
This place is incredible!! I don't have much time right now, so I can't write much but I finally found a computer and wanted to post. I'm currently at the beach on the Gulf of Thailand. It's lovely! Food is good. I DID eat a cricket (more like 5 or 6 of them) they were GOOD!!! Shocking, huh? Tyler had a spider. Didn't seem thrilled with it. Eating tons of exotic (to us) fruit daily like Cactus Fruit, Persimmons and Tamerind. Had lotus flower seeds and sticky rice. Everything is really good and no tummy issues yet. Saw Phenom Phen (capital city) and the Killing Fields. Did a little shopping and some laying around on the beach yesterday. Going on a fishing trip today. I'll post more when I get back to Tyler's uncle's house. Can't do much from this hotel computer. Hope all is well at home. I'm sitting in my bathing suit now - it's probably about 75 degrees here now. Bye for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Hi Denise,
Glad you and Tyler arrived safely. You'll just have to bring back the cricket recipes for us - sounds yummy. I guess you would have to eat 5 or 6 crickets - they're not that big are they?
Take care.
Jeannie
Tyler ate a spider? i HOPE you got that on cam!!!! ...awesome!
A cricket! Cripes, was it at least seasoned or fried in some way? Gaahhh. You are both brave souls.
Thanks for the update! Keep em comin.
Glad you made it safe and sound. It all sounds incredible. I can't believe what you've eaten! You and Tyler should go on Fear Factor! Have a wonderful time and keep us posted.
Lynne
You and Tyler are much braver than I. I don't think I would eat a spider or a cricket even if I was starving! Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself!
Post a Comment